Below is our ever-growing list of workout routines from some of the top strength coaches, trainers, athletes and movement specialists on the planet.
Full Body Workouts:
- An Active Recovery Workout for Beginner and Advanced Lifters. Get back to basics with this workout that features functional movements. Beginner friendly, and recommended for athletes who need to recover and deload.
- Try This Full Body Strength and Power Workout
- My Favorite Workout: A Full Body Eccentric Isometrics Routine. Dr. Joel Seedman, CSCS, loves eccentric isometrics, and he boiled down this really tough training method in this full body routine. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- Unloading: Combine Your Heavy Lifting with Functional Movements for Maximum Results. Not really a workout routine, but more of a way to get more from your workouts by maximizing your gains with a planned unload segment to your routine.
- No Gym, No Problem: A 5-Minute Home Based Workout Routine. This no-frills workout is perfect for those days where you can’t make it to the gym.
Upper Body Workout Routines:
- An Effective Chest and Triceps Workout for Busy People. Forty minutes is all you need for this workout routine that will cover all the bases when it comes to training your chest and triceps.
Lower Body Workout Routines
- The Squat Pyramid: How to Crank Up Your Squats. Ready to give your squats a serious pump? Try this squat pyramid/ladder that will leave your legs shaking and quivering.
- Unleash the Beast: A Lower Body Power and Strength Workout for Sprint Athletes. Lay on the power to your speed work with this strength training routine that hits the lower body.
- Try This Workout Routine for an Explosive Vertical Jump. Want to jump higher? Of course you do–here is a two-exercise complex to help develop an insane vertical leap.
Sport-Specific Workout Routines:
- Strength Training for Triathletes with Nick LaRocca, CSCS. Strength coach and triathlete Nick LaRocca, CSCS, detailed the gym training he is doing while preparing for the Lake Placid Ironman.
- Strength Training for Climbers: The Ultimate Back and Forearm Workout. Mountain climber, personal trainer and strength coach Angela DeJong outlines how climbers–and those looking for a devastating back and forearm workout–can strenthen up their climbing with this workout.
- Strength Training for Rowers: How to Build Explosive Power. Strength coach Matrixx Ferreira stops by with a workout routine that he uses with high school aged male rowers that is highly functional, while also helping to develop brute power.
- A Speed + Power Workout for Sprint Athletes. Like to go really, really fast? Of course you do. This two-part workout will test your outright speed, and then load it with some concentrated strength training.
Full Workout Routines:
- A 3-Day Workout Routine For Hypertrophy, Strength and Power. Jarrod Dyke, CSCS, of First XV Performance, put together this full program that primarily targets hypertrophy with dashes of strength and power. Includes a 4-week rep and set schedule, detailed dynamic warm-ups, and much more.
- A 2/3 Workout Split for for Bodybuilders and Physique Competitors. Amy Pate, personal trainer and physique competitor shared a week-long 2/3 workout split that she likes to use to predominantly target the shoulders and back.
While we slowly accumulate more of them here is some stuff to help you make the most of your current routine:
- How to Punish Your Workouts with a Training Journal. It’s benefits are proven. Here is how to make the most of your workouts when using a logbook.
- 12 Nutrition Tips for College Athletes. Twenty sports nutritionists from top NCAA Division I schools share their favorite tips for conquering your nutrition. Equally applicable to other athletes and just about everyone else as well.
- 15 Pro Tips for Getting Motivated to Workout. We asked a group of trainers and strength coaches what their favorite tip was to get motivated to workout (or to help their clients get motivated to hit the gym). This is what they came up with.
Stuck with Your Training in the Gym?
Join 12,000 lifters and athletes and sign up for FREE access to my 5-day email course on how to conquer the most common gym mistakes.
From goal setting to lifting technique, you will learn how to overcome the mistakes in the gym that are holding you back from getting bigger and stronger.
Unsubscribe anytime. No spam.