Welcome to YourWorkoutBook.com.
My name is Olivier. National level athlete, coach, and workout nerd.
What can I help you out with today?
Over the past couple of years I have accumulated a ton of resources for athletes and gym-goers.
From hacking your motivation, understanding proper hydration, and a whole lot more, we have a guide or workout for you.
Here's some of our most popular articles, workouts and guides:
Workouts and Training Routines:
- The Ultimate List of Workout Routines. Here is an ever-growing list of workout routines for you to try out, draw inspiration from, or simply check out.
- Unloading: Combine Your Heavy Lifting with Functional Movements for Maximum Results. Not really a workout routine, but more of a way to get more from your workouts by maximizing your gains with a planned unload segment to your routine.
- Unleash the Beast: A Lower Body Power and Strength Workout for Sprint Athletes. Lay on the power to your speed work with this strength training routine that hits the lower body.
- A Speed + Power Workout for Sprint Athletes. Like to go really, really fast? Of course you do. This two-part workout will test your outright speed, and then load it with some concentrated strength training.
Hacking the Mental Game
- Become Unstoppable: How to Make Working Out a Habit. Is there anything more powerful than something that is habitual? Not likely. Here is your plan of assault for making exercise, nutrition, or whatever other change you want to make, lasting and routine.
- 15 Pro Tips for Getting Motivated to Workout. We asked a group of trainers and strength coaches what their favorite tip was to get motivated to workout (or to help their clients get motivated to hit the gym). This is what they came up with.
- How to Go Rambo on Your Workout Goals. Struggling to stay on track with your workouts? Have big goals but don’t know where to start? Here is how to go full metal awesome on your goals in the gym.
- Visualization for Athletes: How to Perform Best When it Matters Most. You are already using this mental training skill--here's how to use it for your benefit.
Resources to Conquer Your Nutrition
- 12 Nutrition Tips for College Athletes. Twenty sports nutritionists from top NCAA Division I schools share their favorite tips for conquering your nutrition. Equally applicable to other athletes and just about everyone else as well.
- The Ultimate Guide to Hydration for Athletes. We all know we should be drinking more water, but most fall woefully short. Here's how to stay on top of your water and sports drink intake.
- Hacking the Food Journal: How to (Finally) Conquer Your Diet. The food journal is the simplest, most powerful weapon in your fight to awesome nutrition. So why aren’t you using one right now?
- How to Meal Prep Like a Boss. Another simple and wildly powerful tool to mastering your meals is to take control of them by meal prepping. Here's everything you need to know to get started.
- 15 Nutrition Tips for High Performance Athletes. A collection of sports dietitians stopped by to give us their favorite power tip for crushing your food and nutrition this year.
Most Recent Posts
Take your back workouts to the next level with these killer dumbbell back exercises, plus benefits of using DBs and a sample 20-minute back workout you can do with dumbbells.
Wondering how the Nuobell Adjustable Dumbbells stack up against other DBs on the market? Here’s a detailed review, including things to love, things to not love, and how the Nuobells compare to other popular adjustable dumbbells.
Looking for a detailed breakdown of all of the leg machines at your local gym? Look no further. Here’s a full look at all of the leg workout machines including muscles worked, benefits, and more.
The reverse hack squat is a killer lower body exercise for building leg strength, improving your squat, and increasing muscle mass. Here’s a detailed look at the reverse hack squat, including benefits, muscles worked, how to do it properly, and much more.
Hack squats and V squats are both excellent tools for developing a strong lower body. In this article, we look at the main differences between these exercises, including benefits, muscles worked, and much more.
Squats are king when it comes to lower body muscle and strength. In this guide, we look at the differences between the hack squat and traditional back squat, including benefits, disadvantages of each, and more.
Looking to mix up your hack squats and better target specific muscles? Here are the different foot positions you can use on the hack squat machine and muscles worked.
Wondering how heavy the dumbbells you buy should be? Here’s your guide to choosing the right weight for your workouts.
Thinking about investing in adjustable dumbbells for your home gym? Here’s a list of benefits and reasons that you should grab a set for crushing your workouts at home.
Wondering what the difference is between a half rack and full rack? Here’s a detailed look at both, including key differences, pros, cons, and which one is best for you.