Welcome to YourWorkoutBook.com.
My name is Olivier. National level athlete, coach, and workout nerd.
What can I help you out with today?
Over the past couple of years I have accumulated a ton of resources for athletes and gym-goers.
From hacking your motivation, understanding proper hydration, and a whole lot more, we have a guide or workout for you.
Here's some of our most popular articles, workouts and guides:
Workouts and Training Routines:
- The Ultimate List of Workout Routines. Here is an ever-growing list of workout routines for you to try out, draw inspiration from, or simply check out.
- Unloading: Combine Your Heavy Lifting with Functional Movements for Maximum Results. Not really a workout routine, but more of a way to get more from your workouts by maximizing your gains with a planned unload segment to your routine.
- Unleash the Beast: A Lower Body Power and Strength Workout for Sprint Athletes. Lay on the power to your speed work with this strength training routine that hits the lower body.
- A Speed + Power Workout for Sprint Athletes. Like to go really, really fast? Of course you do. This two-part workout will test your outright speed, and then load it with some concentrated strength training.
Hacking the Mental Game
- Become Unstoppable: How to Make Working Out a Habit. Is there anything more powerful than something that is habitual? Not likely. Here is your plan of assault for making exercise, nutrition, or whatever other change you want to make, lasting and routine.
- 15 Pro Tips for Getting Motivated to Workout. We asked a group of trainers and strength coaches what their favorite tip was to get motivated to workout (or to help their clients get motivated to hit the gym). This is what they came up with.
- How to Go Rambo on Your Workout Goals. Struggling to stay on track with your workouts? Have big goals but don’t know where to start? Here is how to go full metal awesome on your goals in the gym.
- Visualization for Athletes: How to Perform Best When it Matters Most. You are already using this mental training skill--here's how to use it for your benefit.
Resources to Conquer Your Nutrition
- 12 Nutrition Tips for College Athletes. Twenty sports nutritionists from top NCAA Division I schools share their favorite tips for conquering your nutrition. Equally applicable to other athletes and just about everyone else as well.
- The Ultimate Guide to Hydration for Athletes. We all know we should be drinking more water, but most fall woefully short. Here's how to stay on top of your water and sports drink intake.
- Hacking the Food Journal: How to (Finally) Conquer Your Diet. The food journal is the simplest, most powerful weapon in your fight to awesome nutrition. So why aren’t you using one right now?
- How to Meal Prep Like a Boss. Another simple and wildly powerful tool to mastering your meals is to take control of them by meal prepping. Here's everything you need to know to get started.
- 15 Nutrition Tips for High Performance Athletes. A collection of sports dietitians stopped by to give us their favorite power tip for crushing your food and nutrition this year.
Most Recent Posts
Looking for a detailed review of Old School New Body? Here’s a comprehensive look at the strength training program, the promises it makes, and who would benefit from this muscle-building plan.
Want to know if Unlock Your Hip Flexors will actually deliver on better posture, less back pain and better athletic performance? Read on for a detailed review before buying.
Wondering if The Smoothie Diet is an effective and proven way to lose weight? Here’s a full and detailed review of this 21-day smoothie diet plan and see for yourself if it’s the right plan for you.
Is Keto Custom Plan right for you? Read this detailed review to find out what it’s like, the pros and cons, who should get it, and much more.
Battle ropes are a killer way to get in, well, killer shape. Read on for a full breakdown of the best battle ropes for every kind of athlete and gymgoer. Want a more explosive upper body? Stronger core? Improved aerobic capacity? How about the satisfaction of slapping heavy stuff against the floor? Then you need […]
Rubber hex dumbbells are the best DBs for your home or garage gym. Here is a full breakdown of the top DBs for working out at home.
Strengthen your glutes, hamstrings, and improve back stability in the comfort of your own home. Read on for a detailed breakdown of the best back extension benches and Roman chairs for home gyms.
The leg press is an excellent exercise for developing leg muscles. Here’s a breakdown of the top leg press machines for your home gym.
Rogue makes some of the best weight benches on the planet. Whether you are looking for a flat, adjustable, or folding weight bench, Rogue has one that fits your goals and budget. Here are full reviews of the best of Rogue’s weight benches.
Dumbbell racks protect your weights, free up valuable floor space, and help keep your workout area tidy. Here’s a breakdown of the best dumbbell racks for every kind of home gym.