Welcome to YourWorkoutBook.com.
My name is Olivier. National level athlete, coach, and workout nerd.
What can I help you out with today?
Over the past couple of years I have accumulated a ton of resources for athletes and gym-goers.
From hacking your motivation, understanding proper hydration, and a whole lot more, we have a guide or workout for you.
Here's some of our most popular articles, workouts and guides:
Workouts and Training Routines:
- The Ultimate List of Workout Routines. Here is an ever-growing list of workout routines for you to try out, draw inspiration from, or simply check out.
- Unloading: Combine Your Heavy Lifting with Functional Movements for Maximum Results. Not really a workout routine, but more of a way to get more from your workouts by maximizing your gains with a planned unload segment to your routine.
- Unleash the Beast: A Lower Body Power and Strength Workout for Sprint Athletes. Lay on the power to your speed work with this strength training routine that hits the lower body.
- A Speed + Power Workout for Sprint Athletes. Like to go really, really fast? Of course you do. This two-part workout will test your outright speed, and then load it with some concentrated strength training.
Hacking the Mental Game
- Become Unstoppable: How to Make Working Out a Habit. Is there anything more powerful than something that is habitual? Not likely. Here is your plan of assault for making exercise, nutrition, or whatever other change you want to make, lasting and routine.
- 15 Pro Tips for Getting Motivated to Workout. We asked a group of trainers and strength coaches what their favorite tip was to get motivated to workout (or to help their clients get motivated to hit the gym). This is what they came up with.
- How to Go Rambo on Your Workout Goals. Struggling to stay on track with your workouts? Have big goals but don’t know where to start? Here is how to go full metal awesome on your goals in the gym.
- Visualization for Athletes: How to Perform Best When it Matters Most. You are already using this mental training skill--here's how to use it for your benefit.
Resources to Conquer Your Nutrition
- 12 Nutrition Tips for College Athletes. Twenty sports nutritionists from top NCAA Division I schools share their favorite tips for conquering your nutrition. Equally applicable to other athletes and just about everyone else as well.
- The Ultimate Guide to Hydration for Athletes. We all know we should be drinking more water, but most fall woefully short. Here's how to stay on top of your water and sports drink intake.
- Hacking the Food Journal: How to (Finally) Conquer Your Diet. The food journal is the simplest, most powerful weapon in your fight to awesome nutrition. So why aren’t you using one right now?
- How to Meal Prep Like a Boss. Another simple and wildly powerful tool to mastering your meals is to take control of them by meal prepping. Here's everything you need to know to get started.
- 15 Nutrition Tips for High Performance Athletes. A collection of sports dietitians stopped by to give us their favorite power tip for crushing your food and nutrition this year.
Most Recent Posts
Building an epic gym is more affordable than ever. Read through our list of the best adjustable weight benches for home gyms and get to lifting. Building a home gym has never been more affordable or made more sense since COVID-19 swept the globe and shuttered neighborhood gyms. Once you have picked up some of […]
The right barbell collars make your workouts safer so that you can focus on crushing your PR’s instead of falling or wobbly weight plates. Read on for the best barbell collars and get to lifting. Barbell clamps are one of the less talked-about pieces of workout equipment. These simple-looking devices perform more functions than you […]
Kettlebells are a proven way to dominate your workouts. Here’s a breakdown of the best kettlebells for athletes and gymgoers. Read our list and get to swinging. Kettlebells have become wildly popular in recent years. They are also one of the best things you can add to your home gym. They are small in size, […]
The right medicine ball will level up your workouts and training. Here’s a full breakdown of the best medicine balls to help you crush your workout goals. Medicine balls are a classic piece of workout equipment that can be used at home, no matter your current fitness levels or workout goals. Med balls are used […]
Getting ready to build your own ultimate home gym? Welp, that starts with choosing the right squat rack for your workout goals. Here is a breakdown of four types of squat racks. Even though the squat exercise is simple enough—grab some weight, lower your behind, raise your behind, repeat—there are a lot of different types […]
Level up your squats with our hand-picked list of the best squat stands for your home gym. Squat stands are an excellent alternative to the typical power cage or half rack. First off, squat stands are considerably cheaper. In their own way, they are also more adjustable. Squat cages and half racks come in a […]
A great squat rack is essential for your home gym. Here are the best half squat racks for developing strong and muscular legs. Squats are one of the all-time, first-ballot Hall of Fame exercises you can do for more muscle and strength. It is a functional exercise that you can perform anywhere, anytime. For many […]
This list of the best power racks offer the best value and will take your home workouts to the next level. Let’s do this. I’ve dreamed about having a complete home gym since the day I started lifting weights as a teenager. Finally, as an adult, it’s a reality. The commute to the gym consists […]
Get your sweat on at home with reviews of the best power towers with a bench. Working out at home has a metric ton of advantages… A super short commute to the gym, no line for machines, and the only one dropping sweat and hogging the bench is the person in the mirror! A power […]
Crank up your pull-up game at home with my list of the best wall-mounted bars for chin-ups and pull-ups. One of the essentials of building a strong and powerful upper body is the almighty pull-up. Shoulders. Back. Forearms. Core. Properly executed pull-ups build them all. For those of us working out at home, a wall-mounted […]