Welcome to YourWorkoutBook.com.
My name is Olivier. National level athlete, coach, and workout nerd.
What can I help you out with today?
Over the past couple of years I have accumulated a ton of resources for athletes and gym-goers.
From hacking your motivation, understanding proper hydration, and a whole lot more, we have a guide or workout for you.
Here's some of our most popular articles, workouts and guides:
Workouts and Training Routines:
- The Ultimate List of Workout Routines. Here is an ever-growing list of workout routines for you to try out, draw inspiration from, or simply check out.
- Unloading: Combine Your Heavy Lifting with Functional Movements for Maximum Results. Not really a workout routine, but more of a way to get more from your workouts by maximizing your gains with a planned unload segment to your routine.
- Unleash the Beast: A Lower Body Power and Strength Workout for Sprint Athletes. Lay on the power to your speed work with this strength training routine that hits the lower body.
- A Speed + Power Workout for Sprint Athletes. Like to go really, really fast? Of course you do. This two-part workout will test your outright speed, and then load it with some concentrated strength training.
Hacking the Mental Game
- Become Unstoppable: How to Make Working Out a Habit. Is there anything more powerful than something that is habitual? Not likely. Here is your plan of assault for making exercise, nutrition, or whatever other change you want to make, lasting and routine.
- 15 Pro Tips for Getting Motivated to Workout. We asked a group of trainers and strength coaches what their favorite tip was to get motivated to workout (or to help their clients get motivated to hit the gym). This is what they came up with.
- How to Go Rambo on Your Workout Goals. Struggling to stay on track with your workouts? Have big goals but don’t know where to start? Here is how to go full metal awesome on your goals in the gym.
- Visualization for Athletes: How to Perform Best When it Matters Most. You are already using this mental training skill--here's how to use it for your benefit.
Resources to Conquer Your Nutrition
- 12 Nutrition Tips for College Athletes. Twenty sports nutritionists from top NCAA Division I schools share their favorite tips for conquering your nutrition. Equally applicable to other athletes and just about everyone else as well.
- The Ultimate Guide to Hydration for Athletes. We all know we should be drinking more water, but most fall woefully short. Here's how to stay on top of your water and sports drink intake.
- Hacking the Food Journal: How to (Finally) Conquer Your Diet. The food journal is the simplest, most powerful weapon in your fight to awesome nutrition. So why aren’t you using one right now?
- How to Meal Prep Like a Boss. Another simple and wildly powerful tool to mastering your meals is to take control of them by meal prepping. Here's everything you need to know to get started.
- 15 Nutrition Tips for High Performance Athletes. A collection of sports dietitians stopped by to give us their favorite power tip for crushing your food and nutrition this year.
Most Recent Posts
Your friendly neighborhood exercise ball is awesome for improving strength, stability, and sexiness (okay, maybe not the last one). Here’s what you need to know to find the perfect exercise ball for you.
Figure 8 lifting straps are a tool for pulling more weight than ever. Here’s a review of the best figure 8 lifting straps for deadlifts, strongman, and more.
Take your home gym and workouts to the next level with this list of the best exercise mats for working out at home or on the go.
Stuck with your squat? Squat wedges can help you smash through. Here’s a breakdown of the best squat wedges and blocks for powering up your squats.
Neoprene dumbbells are a great tool for building muscle and adding resistance to your cardio workouts. Here’s a breakdown of the best neoprene dumbbells for at-home and on-the-go workouts.
The aerobic stepper is an old school tool for working out at home. Here’s your list of the best aerobic platforms for crushing your workouts.
Build stronger lungs and improve performance. Here is a breakdown of the best training masks for increased conditioning.
Frustrated with bumper plates being sold out everywhere? Here is a breakdown of the best bumper plates for sale in Canada that are in stock right now.
Ready to crank up your interval workouts? Read on for a breakdown of the best gym timers and workout clocks for dominating your workouts.
Looking for an awesome set of dumbbells for your home gym? Read on for a detailed review of the best dumbbell sets for working out at home.