Welcome to YourWorkoutBook.com.
My name is Olivier. National level athlete, coach, and workout nerd.
What can I help you out with today?
Over the past couple of years I have accumulated a ton of resources for athletes and gym-goers.
From hacking your motivation, understanding proper hydration, and a whole lot more, we have a guide or workout for you.
Here's some of our most popular articles, workouts and guides:
Workouts and Training Routines:
- The Ultimate List of Workout Routines. Here is an ever-growing list of workout routines for you to try out, draw inspiration from, or simply check out.
- Unloading: Combine Your Heavy Lifting with Functional Movements for Maximum Results. Not really a workout routine, but more of a way to get more from your workouts by maximizing your gains with a planned unload segment to your routine.
- Unleash the Beast: A Lower Body Power and Strength Workout for Sprint Athletes. Lay on the power to your speed work with this strength training routine that hits the lower body.
- A Speed + Power Workout for Sprint Athletes. Like to go really, really fast? Of course you do. This two-part workout will test your outright speed, and then load it with some concentrated strength training.
Hacking the Mental Game
- Become Unstoppable: How to Make Working Out a Habit. Is there anything more powerful than something that is habitual? Not likely. Here is your plan of assault for making exercise, nutrition, or whatever other change you want to make, lasting and routine.
- 15 Pro Tips for Getting Motivated to Workout. We asked a group of trainers and strength coaches what their favorite tip was to get motivated to workout (or to help their clients get motivated to hit the gym). This is what they came up with.
- How to Go Rambo on Your Workout Goals. Struggling to stay on track with your workouts? Have big goals but don’t know where to start? Here is how to go full metal awesome on your goals in the gym.
- Visualization for Athletes: How to Perform Best When it Matters Most. You are already using this mental training skill--here's how to use it for your benefit.
Resources to Conquer Your Nutrition
- 12 Nutrition Tips for College Athletes. Twenty sports nutritionists from top NCAA Division I schools share their favorite tips for conquering your nutrition. Equally applicable to other athletes and just about everyone else as well.
- The Ultimate Guide to Hydration for Athletes. We all know we should be drinking more water, but most fall woefully short. Here's how to stay on top of your water and sports drink intake.
- Hacking the Food Journal: How to (Finally) Conquer Your Diet. The food journal is the simplest, most powerful weapon in your fight to awesome nutrition. So why aren’t you using one right now?
- How to Meal Prep Like a Boss. Another simple and wildly powerful tool to mastering your meals is to take control of them by meal prepping. Here's everything you need to know to get started.
- 15 Nutrition Tips for High Performance Athletes. A collection of sports dietitians stopped by to give us their favorite power tip for crushing your food and nutrition this year.
Most Recent Posts
Build your business, recruit more clients, and deepen your arsenal of programming and plans with this list of the best books for personal trainers. Personal training can sometimes feel like you are on an endless treadmill of building your business and refining your training programs. Finding the information to improve your personal training business is […]
Maximize your home workouts with this collection of the top home workout and bodyweight books. Even though it’s great to have all the toys to workout with at home—as laid it in our guide to the top home gym equipment for beginners—these things aren’t essential for getting a killer workout at home or on the […]
Before enlightenment; chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment; chop wood, carry water. – Zen Kōan Joshua Medcalf’s Chop Wood Carry Water: How to Fall in Love with the Process of Becoming Great is necessary reading for athletes, coaches, trainers, and everyone else with big goals. Medcalf’s book is laid out like a fable, with the […]
Hip thrust pads are a quick way to protect your hips, stabilize the bar, and push more weight. Here is a breakdown of my favorite barbell pads for hip thrusts. The hip thrust has become one of the most popular exercises in the gym in recent years. The exercise is very effective for creating killer […]
Ready to level up your game in the gym and in the kitchen? The following selections for best workout books for women were chosen specifically for the female lifter in mind. The best fitness books are the ones that keep things simple. With all of the information (and misinformation) out there it can be easy […]
Stacy Sims, MSC, PhD, is an exercise physiologist, researcher, and author of Roar. Sims specializes in the differences between men and women when it comes to exercise, nutrition, and environment. Her book, Roar, is a science-backed look at female physiology and how to maximize female performance. Stims outlines how the woman’s body behaves—where women are […]
The Fitness Mindset: Eat for Energy, Train for Tension, Manage Your Mindset, Reap the Benefits is a book by former fitness model and personal trainer Brian Keane. With lessons distilled from nearly two decades in the fitness game, Keane provides a friendly and approachable intro to working out for men and women. His tone is […]
Level up your pull up skills from the comfort of your own home. Pull ups are one of the best exercises you can add to your workouts. With a doorway pull up bar, you can bring this versatile exercise home. Here’s a breakdown of our favorite pull up bars for tall people, wide doorways, and […]
Peak Performance is a best-selling book written by Brad Stulberg and Steve Magness. The book breaks down the process of performing at a high level. The main premise of the book, one of my favorite mental toughness books for athletes, is that stress + rest = growth. Seems simple enough, but it’s surprising how many […]
Want to back up your back at the gym? Provide lumbar support and stability for those heavy lifts? A weightlifting belt is the ticket. Up your lifting game with our selection of the best weightlifting belts for every kind of lifter. Quick Picks: Best Leather Weightlifting Belt: Dark Iron Fitness Leather Lifting Belt at Amazon […]