Welcome to YourWorkoutBook.com.
My name is Olivier. National level athlete, coach, and workout nerd.
What can I help you out with today?
Over the past couple of years I have accumulated a ton of resources for athletes and gym-goers.
From hacking your motivation, understanding proper hydration, and a whole lot more, we have a guide or workout for you.
Here's some of our most popular articles, workouts and guides:
Workouts and Training Routines:
- The Ultimate List of Workout Routines. Here is an ever-growing list of workout routines for you to try out, draw inspiration from, or simply check out.
- Unloading: Combine Your Heavy Lifting with Functional Movements for Maximum Results. Not really a workout routine, but more of a way to get more from your workouts by maximizing your gains with a planned unload segment to your routine.
- Unleash the Beast: A Lower Body Power and Strength Workout for Sprint Athletes. Lay on the power to your speed work with this strength training routine that hits the lower body.
- A Speed + Power Workout for Sprint Athletes. Like to go really, really fast? Of course you do. This two-part workout will test your outright speed, and then load it with some concentrated strength training.
Hacking the Mental Game
- Become Unstoppable: How to Make Working Out a Habit. Is there anything more powerful than something that is habitual? Not likely. Here is your plan of assault for making exercise, nutrition, or whatever other change you want to make, lasting and routine.
- 15 Pro Tips for Getting Motivated to Workout. We asked a group of trainers and strength coaches what their favorite tip was to get motivated to workout (or to help their clients get motivated to hit the gym). This is what they came up with.
- How to Go Rambo on Your Workout Goals. Struggling to stay on track with your workouts? Have big goals but don’t know where to start? Here is how to go full metal awesome on your goals in the gym.
- Visualization for Athletes: How to Perform Best When it Matters Most. You are already using this mental training skill--here's how to use it for your benefit.
Resources to Conquer Your Nutrition
- 12 Nutrition Tips for College Athletes. Twenty sports nutritionists from top NCAA Division I schools share their favorite tips for conquering your nutrition. Equally applicable to other athletes and just about everyone else as well.
- The Ultimate Guide to Hydration for Athletes. We all know we should be drinking more water, but most fall woefully short. Here's how to stay on top of your water and sports drink intake.
- Hacking the Food Journal: How to (Finally) Conquer Your Diet. The food journal is the simplest, most powerful weapon in your fight to awesome nutrition. So why aren’t you using one right now?
- How to Meal Prep Like a Boss. Another simple and wildly powerful tool to mastering your meals is to take control of them by meal prepping. Here's everything you need to know to get started.
- 15 Nutrition Tips for High Performance Athletes. A collection of sports dietitians stopped by to give us their favorite power tip for crushing your food and nutrition this year.
Most Recent Posts
Looking for a killer duffel bag for hauling your gym gear? We break down the best duffel bags for the gym. You have your shaker cup, your squat shoes, your lifting belt, your hooks, straps, as well as your wireless headphones fully charged. With all that gear, you need somewhere to haul and store it […]
Should you train with a weight vest? Maybe. Here are some of my favorite benefits of training with this simple, under-rated tool. The weight vest is about as basic a fitness accessory as you can think of. A vest, or a couple straps, that is loaded with weight that you drape over your shoulders. How […]
Looking to increase the resistance in your training? Here’s a breakdown of the best weight vests for working out. If you’re struggling to feel maximally challenged on some of your exercises such as push-ups, pull-ups, or dips, or perhaps you just want to add extra weight to the body as you go about your lifts, […]
Here’s a full review of the Marc Pro, your secret weapon for faster recovery and better training. As an athlete you take your performance seriously. Real seriously. You work your butt off in the gym, you follow your nutrition plan to the letter, and you stay late after practice to do additional work on your […]
Foam rolling and self-myofascial release. No longer just for high-performance athletes or those trying to navigate an injury, it’s a practice that is being adopted by gym-goers and athletes of all stripes. Whether it’s a foam roller, a lacrosse ball, or a Tiger Tail, self-myofasical release is the thing to do. The benefits of foam […]
Looking for reviews of the most popular foam rollers on the market? Here are the best foam rollers for boosting recovery, decreasing muscle soreness, and improving mobility and flexibility in your muscles and joints. The foam roller is one of the top tools that you see in the gym, training facility, the local YMCA, wherever […]
When it comes to sleeping better, and decreasing stress, there are fewer easier things to do than show some gratitude. Here’s more on the power of gratitude for improving athletic performance. Whether you want to improve performance in the weight room, in the pool, or on the field, we tend to talk about periodization, the […]
There will always be a debate over what kind of squat is best. Here’s what front squats can do for athletes. When it comes to developing lower body power and explosiveness the squat will always reign supreme. Besides being an incredibly functional exercise (being able to stand up and sit down is always helpful!), squatting […]
The squat will always be king. But the devil, as they say, is in the details. Here’s what you need to know about your squat stance width. Although the squat is universally loved and loathed for its punishing ability to develop strength, muscle and speed in the lower body (except for you cotton headed ninny […]
Mental toughness is one of the dominant characteristics of top athletes. Here’s your guide to becoming mentally tougher so that you can crush the competition and your practices. You hear it all the time when people discuss athletes at the top of their game. The resilience, the grit, the fortitude—the athlete at the pinnacle of […]