Welcome to YourWorkoutBook.com.
My name is Olivier. National level athlete, coach, and workout nerd.
What can I help you out with today?
Over the past couple of years I have accumulated a ton of resources for athletes and gym-goers.
From hacking your motivation, understanding proper hydration, and a whole lot more, we have a guide or workout for you.
Here's some of our most popular articles, workouts and guides:
Workouts and Training Routines:
- The Ultimate List of Workout Routines. Here is an ever-growing list of workout routines for you to try out, draw inspiration from, or simply check out.
- Unloading: Combine Your Heavy Lifting with Functional Movements for Maximum Results. Not really a workout routine, but more of a way to get more from your workouts by maximizing your gains with a planned unload segment to your routine.
- Unleash the Beast: A Lower Body Power and Strength Workout for Sprint Athletes. Lay on the power to your speed work with this strength training routine that hits the lower body.
- A Speed + Power Workout for Sprint Athletes. Like to go really, really fast? Of course you do. This two-part workout will test your outright speed, and then load it with some concentrated strength training.
Hacking the Mental Game
- Become Unstoppable: How to Make Working Out a Habit. Is there anything more powerful than something that is habitual? Not likely. Here is your plan of assault for making exercise, nutrition, or whatever other change you want to make, lasting and routine.
- 15 Pro Tips for Getting Motivated to Workout. We asked a group of trainers and strength coaches what their favorite tip was to get motivated to workout (or to help their clients get motivated to hit the gym). This is what they came up with.
- How to Go Rambo on Your Workout Goals. Struggling to stay on track with your workouts? Have big goals but don’t know where to start? Here is how to go full metal awesome on your goals in the gym.
- Visualization for Athletes: How to Perform Best When it Matters Most. You are already using this mental training skill--here's how to use it for your benefit.
Resources to Conquer Your Nutrition
- 12 Nutrition Tips for College Athletes. Twenty sports nutritionists from top NCAA Division I schools share their favorite tips for conquering your nutrition. Equally applicable to other athletes and just about everyone else as well.
- The Ultimate Guide to Hydration for Athletes. We all know we should be drinking more water, but most fall woefully short. Here's how to stay on top of your water and sports drink intake.
- Hacking the Food Journal: How to (Finally) Conquer Your Diet. The food journal is the simplest, most powerful weapon in your fight to awesome nutrition. So why aren’t you using one right now?
- How to Meal Prep Like a Boss. Another simple and wildly powerful tool to mastering your meals is to take control of them by meal prepping. Here's everything you need to know to get started.
- 15 Nutrition Tips for High Performance Athletes. A collection of sports dietitians stopped by to give us their favorite power tip for crushing your food and nutrition this year.
Most Recent Posts
When it comes to sleeping better, and decreasing stress, there are fewer easier things to do than show some gratitude. Here’s more on the power of gratitude for improving athletic performance. Whether you want to improve performance in the weight room, in the pool, or on the field, we tend to talk about periodization, the […]
There will always be a debate over what kind of squat is best. Here’s what front squats can do for athletes. When it comes to developing lower body power and explosiveness the squat will always reign supreme. Besides being an incredibly functional exercise (being able to stand up and sit down is always helpful!), squatting […]
The squat will always be king. But the devil, as they say, is in the details. Here’s what you need to know about your squat stance width. Although the squat is universally loved and loathed for its punishing ability to develop strength, muscle and speed in the lower body (except for you cotton headed ninny […]
Mental toughness is one of the dominant characteristics of top athletes. Here’s your guide to becoming mentally tougher so that you can crush the competition and your practices. You hear it all the time when people discuss athletes at the top of their game. The resilience, the grit, the fortitude—the athlete at the pinnacle of […]
You already know that setting goals is important. Here’s why you should be writing down your workout goals. We all have workout goals that we want to achieve. For some of us they are as grand as mounting the podium at the Olympic Games, while for others it’s getting back into the habit of working […]
Want to improve your vertical jump and 40-yard dash? New research shows that when it comes to developing speed and power quarter squats is the way to go. Ass to grass—that’s always been the directions given when an athlete or gym-goer walks over to the squat rack. The theory has always been that deploying a […]
Breakfast has long been touted as the most important meal of the day, and for athletes, it very well might be. Here is why breakfast continues to reign supreme in athlete nutrition. When that alarm clock goes off, blaring and vibrating across your nightstand, it can be tempting to hit snooze on it. The temptation […]
Self-awareness and accountability are the ignition for improvement, whether it’s in the gym, on the playing field, or in life. Here’s how to become more self-aware. Why does being self-aware matter? When you better understand yourself, how you work best, and what makes you tick, you are better positioned to see better results from yourself. […]
Ready to create some excellent eating habits? Here’s your guide to finally conquering your unhealthy eating. For far too many of us, a healthy, balanced and yummy diet seems like a pipe dream. After all, we have tried countless times, with different plans, diets and tricks to master our nutrition, racking up defeat after defeat. […]
Conquering the gym means working out and recovering like a champ. Here’s why you should start doing active recovery sessions after those tough workouts. The workout had been absolutely awesome. New PRs all over the place, conditioning work beyond anything I’d ever done before, and that warm, fuzzy feeling of satisfaction that comes from murdering […]